Friday, February 28, 2014

college thoughts...

I don't remember anything academic from my first year of college, especially my first semester. Usually I am referred to what one might call a 'crazy dancing machine that explodes with crazy happiness all the time' --I guess you would understand what I mean if you knew me personally--But anyways, my memory fall 2012 is a blur. Let's be honest, does anyone remember the first semester of college? I knew I would have a blast anywhere I was. Its my natural way about life. I also knew going to a small college in a small town with a largely populated Mormon community would be bodacious. OH MY WORD! I made so many new friends all at once and we always would do crazy things! Usually involving bon-fires by the river, riding in the bed of someone's truck, or dance parties at friends' houses.

Now. As of late, I, and many others have noticed a change with me. It was perceived as a concerning change. To be honest I was getting tired of people thinking there was something wrong with me. At times it was hard to keep my cool when I was approached about my personality. The truth is, there is no specific reason I am the way I am now. I have been more focused on school work, preparing to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and probably just hit a good bubble of maturity. I don't hang out in large co-ed groups all the time anymore because A. half of my friends are serving missions and B. the other half is all married and that would just be awkward. "Wow Melanie, haven't you made nay *new* friends?" Of course, but it truly is not the same as those friends made my first year of college. There are a couple reasons I don't go hang out with a ton of people all the time. I am dating someone that I am so head over heels for and he lives in another state than me. I want to be cautious with appropriate settings for my situation. For example, being in a relationship and constantly hanging out with a group of the male gender. I still have guy friends but I am careful because I am 200% faithful to my boyfriend. He deserves the best and I will be the one to treat him as so. Another reason is that as I am in the Sophomore year of college, my courses are more difficult. Lastly, my roommates and I get along so well and we have a lot of fun together just being home or whatever.

All in all, don't you fret. Melanie has always & will always be a super social butterfly. I still make friends left and right and have a phenomenal social life (if I do say so myself). Compared to my first year of college I have....matured? swooned over a man? or maybe just found new focuses? Whatever the exact reason may be, I have changed and it is awesome because I am still awesome. And that statement does not make me superior or conceited. I know it, I love it, I live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment