Thursday, February 20, 2014

Quotes: Phase 1


WARNING: These quotes are all anonymous because I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone who I have caught  saying things that made me giggle or caught me off guard. Some of the quotes I have collected are from church settings. Just to keep the correct moods, I will separate the quotes into 2 categories. The Funnies and The Gospel Truth. I am so excited to make you enjoy pieces of my life!!! Please read below.

The Funnies

  • Ive always thought, 'why run when you can skate there?...that's when you say 'get thee behind me Satan!'
  • I'm just so happy with you' "I'm Batman"
  • There was a noodle on my watermelon juice!! ...and yeah that is the weirdest thing I've ever said.
  • If macaroni and cheese has a sister, it would be your lip.
  • Melanie is as cute as a button, but buttons aren't cute. She's like a llama..a baby llama.
  • 'Are you still living in the Residence Towers?' "No, we're in Egypt"
  • Sometimes we just need people in our life that we can look at and say 'ew'
  • 'Everyone has hair' "No. Voldemort doesn't have hair"
  • Okay. You have a kissing limit. You passed it 30 kisses ago.
  • Your body is a temple. No. Your body is a hut.
  • I'm glad you still want to be my friend. 'Yeah well you've kind of grown on me...like mold'
  • Oh Mel...you don't have to do anything for me to love you. Like...if you were jello, I'd still love you every second.
  • Oh oh I just got sucked into a rainbow!
  • I think drinking leads to hipsterism.
  • I feel like crap on toast.
  • You cant stretch your butt, that's stupid.
  • You're so cute. I just want to wrap you up in a napkin and take you home.
  • Mel, are you made out of jello? Tell me the truth.
  • H, tell me something I don't know about you. 'I have chronic diarrhea'
  • 'Bahh! You are so...NOT graceful today!' "I'm a BOY! and I'm excited for Christmas!"
  • 'Okay ese' "I'm not your ese, I'm your final"
  • You're so cute. I want to tickle you until you fart.
  • 'Bill Gates scares me' "What do you mean?" 'His quotes scare me'
  • I'm so nice to you, I'm like Hitler to everyone else!
  • You're so cuuuuuute! I just wanna pull your nose.
  • 'Ouch!' "What?" 'I hit my elbow and I have tender flesh'

The Gospel Truth

  • First observe, then serve.
  • Without the family, there is no plan; There is no reason for it.
  • Salvation is personal & Exaltation is a family matter.
  • Don't miss an opportunity to grow.
  • An individual who is arrogant or who lets his or her emotions influence decisions will not be powerfully led by the Spirit.
  • There is no shortcut to excellence or competence
  • Our mistakes of the past don't define us, they refine us.
  • Negative thoughts are the termites of the soul.
  • Sometimes the decisions we think we make, we don't make at all. Our will has no part in the decisions our genes dictate.
  • The more we give to the Lord, the more he will give us opportunities to use our agency.
  • A change of heart is a change of motive.
  • The Holy Ghost is the cleansing agent of the Atonement.
  • You don't know everything, but you know enough....we were built to succeed. 
  • The past is to be learned from, not lived in.
  • When you love what you do, everyday is a holiday.
  • The problem isn't the problem. The problem is how you handle the problem.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Miss Melanie, I like the look of your blog. I hope to enjoy it regularly from now on. Glad you're blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It took me light years to find the right background. Next time I am home though, it would be nice to get a few tips on the 'how-to's of blogging!

    ReplyDelete